The defendants have been evading service for several months. We even appointed a tracer to obtain an alternative address, which the defendants also vacated before service could take place.

In an application for substituted service one needs to convince the court that traditional methods of service (per sheriff) were fully exhausted. Usually a tracer report forms part of the application.

One also needs to show cause in respect of why an alternative method of service, such as per email, will be successful for example that the defendant has communicated from such email address before.

The defendants were served per email and the claim can proceed.

Share This