If you are one of the following people and you have reason to believe a child is physically abused, sexually abused or deliberately neglected you have a legal duty to report the abuse to a social development provincial department, child protection organisation or police official:

– correctional official
– medical practitioner or dentist
– legal practitioner
– religious minister
– psychologist
– physiotherapist
– teacher
– care facility staff member
– shelter staff member
– child and youth centre staff member

If you do not report your conclusion of abuse based on reasonable grounds you may be held criminally liable.

Share This